In version v2020.4.11.0 we added X.509 Certificate support for SFTP Public Key Authentication.
- SFTP authentication using private keys is generally known as SFTP Public Key Authentication. So we need a private key file in the SFTP Setup.
- As default we first try to load the RSA/DSA private key from the file.
- If this doesn’t work we’ll try to import the file as X.509 Certificate.
Authentication with an X.509 certificate is possible in two modes:
- Full: The certificate is sent to the server. This assumes the server can handle certificate authentication. Set ‘Cert Auth Mode’ to ‘Auto’ (= default).
- Key-Only: Only the keypair is used. This works with servers that don’t support certificates. Set ‘Cert Auth Mode’ to ‘Raw Public Key’.
If you need any help, please let us know.